Calling all dog-lovers and animal advocates! Join us in July in Washington, D.C., for an outdoor rally in support of Goldie’s Act, a federal bill that would require the USDA to do its job and protect dogs in puppy mills.
On Wednesday, July 19, you and your pup are invited to show your solidarity with Goldie, a beautiful Golden Retriever who tragically suffered and died at a USDA-licensed puppy mill. The USDA watched for months as her condition continued to decline—and did nothing to save her. Goldie’s Act was named in her honor.
DATE: July 19, 2023
TIME: 10:00-11:30 AM
LOCATION: The U.S. Capitol, on the grass between Independence Ave. SE and First St. SE [MAP]
What you can expect:
- Free Goldie’s Act t-shirts and other giveaways (while supplies last)
- Mingle with other ASPCA advocates and their dogs (please see dog participant guidelines below)
- Meet lawmakers who support Goldie’s Act
We want to be sure that dogs enjoy Howl to the Hill, too!
Dogs attending Howl to the Hill must be under the direct control of their person at all times. Please, no retractable leashes or leashes longer than six feet. Dogs should be:
- Responsive to basic commands and well-behaved
- Friendly and social with people and other dogs
- Calm in new situations
- Free from chronic barking issues
- Free from aggression issues
- Wearing identification tags
- Up to date on vaccinations
- Free of any signs of illness
Please use your best judgment when deciding whether to bring your dog.
Not in D.C.? No Problem!
If you can’t attend the event, you can still participate.
- Watch Howl to the Hill live on Facebook.
- Urge your members of Congress to support Goldie’s Act by contacting them here—it’s quick and easy.
If you’re interested in attending Howl to the Hill, please RSVP below. We hope to see you there!
Source: Read Full Article